Monday, March 9, 2009

BUSY BUSY

Sorry bloggy friends…I have been very neglectful but haven’t meant to be. I have been very busy. I am the President of our local Union and have been busy trying to get elected again. …. Wait….that isn’t quite true. You see…We are a very small local. No one else really wanted the job. I mean really…no one wanted it, so to have a local and have some one represent them, I stepped into the position about 2 and half years ago and have been stuck….I mean I have been doing the job since. And even though there was no one else, we still, under the constitution, had to post election notices and everything. So I was campaigning like crazy trying to get some one else to step up to the plate. Alas I failed and am still doing the job. Am I to be congratulated??? That would be a big NAH…. I don’t mind doing it but it really is starting to take up a lot of my time that I would rather be doing other things. Like BLOGGING…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! Campaigning against yourself!

Kathy B! said...

That IS a very interesting spin... campaigning against yourself... I don't know whether to congratulate you or tell you I'm sorry : )

I think it's great that you've stepped up to take a job that no one else wants do, because I bet it's still important!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Maybe you could do a Union blog...you know, kill two birds with one stone!?

(no barbies at my blog today! lol!)

Minxy Mimi said...

Sorry you have a job you are not too thrilled with! Keep blogging tho!

Debbie said...

I don't like anything that gets in the way of my blogging:)

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us completely no matter how busy you get, ok? Good luck but sorry you're stuck with the job.

Anonymous said...

I love that you were campaigning to get someone else to do it! I am sorry you did not win that particular campaign but congrats on the position you do not want!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com